Submitted by DancingFoolVB on Sat, 2012-09-15 19:53
I wonder if we can find common ground in the United States, not to mention the world as a whole.
- Where differences make dialog interesting rather than dividing us.
- Where labels are things we put on food packages and not people.
- In which religion teaches love without hate.
- Where we look first to the common good that works for all, and not the selfish gains that we make make for ourselves.
- In which unions are not necessary, because corporations take care of their human resources.
- Where welfare is not necessary because we help lift each other up into meaningful lives.
- In which accountability is real, but punishment is unnecessary.
- Where extremes are understood as insanities, and the middle gives us lots of room.
Call me a dreamer, if you must, but remember that I am not the only one.
Why don't you come along for the ride?