The Mission of Friendly Water for the World is to expand access to low-cost clean water technologies and information about health and sanitation to people in need of them. We provide opportunities for Quakers and those of other faiths and traditions to partner with individuals and communities working to improve living conditions around the world, and to learn from each other.
- Finding practical methods of addressing water as an emerging issue of global importance;
- Building relationships with individuals and communities in other parts of the world in need of environmentally sensitive clean water technologies and sound economic development;
- Empowering people to take charge of their water quality;
- Providing useful skills to Friends and those of other faiths and traditions as they go out into the world, and encouraging multigenerational opportunities;
- Setting up mentoring relationships among concerned Friends both in the U.S. and abroad, and finding ways for individuals from different parts of the Quaker tradition to work together;
- Building local and transnational community.
- We will be a sustainable organization providing access to low-cost water treatment and sanitation education to communities around the world.
- We will be a resource and partner supporting innovative community building drinking water initiatives and entrepreneurial opportunities for communities in need.
- We will provide a link between donors and volunteers with communities in need, offering technical assistance, education, and support to the projects and communities with whom we partner.
- We will be transparent and effective in operating international and domestic safe water projects, maintaining and supporting active field projects on three continents.
- We will help build a filter a day per year, doubling each successive year (a minimum of 368,300 filters in ten years).
- We will provides an opportunity for Quakers and those of other faiths and traditions, of all ages, to participate in the mission of Friendly Water for the World, helping to bring safe water to communities in need, and to learn from each other.